The Kennett High School Mountain Bike Team
and the Mt Washington Valley Bicycling Club
The 2017 event was a fantastic sucess!
See you in 2018!
Links to Results and Photos are below.
The annual Crank the Kanc bicycle time trial hillclimb takes place each May on the beautiful Kancamaugus Highway- a Scenic New Hampshire Biway through the White Mountain National Forest.
The race is approx 21.3 miles with 2340 ft. net elevation gain. (+2426 ft./-86 ft.)
Event Date: Saturday, May 20, 2017
2017 On-Line Registration Begins: Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 12:15 a.m. ET
The only way to register is on-line at www.bikereg.com/crank-the-kanc-time-trial
Important- There is NO Mail-in or Walk-in registration
Field is limited to 200 solo riders and 15 three-person teams so register EARLY!!!
For information on Fees, Cash Prizes, Wait List, etc, check: www.bikereg.com/crank-the-kanc-time-trial
- Number pick-up will be held at Kennett Middle School on 176 Main St in Conway, NH on the day of the race. Entrance to the parking lot is to the right of the school and registration table will be in the cafeteria starting at 7:00am. Riders will then make their way to the DOT parking lot on the Kancamagus Highway, approximately 1/2 mile from the traffic light at Route 16.
- For solo riders- mandatory Rider Meeting at the start area at 8:55 a.m. The solo riders begin at 9:00 a.m. at 15 second intervals (start times posted at registration).
- For Team Time Trial riders- mandatory Rider Meeting at the start area at 8:25 a.m. and Start at 8:30 a.m.
- Helmets are REQUIRED.
- NOTE: Racers should not use the public restroom facilities at the U.S. Forest Service Saco Ranger Station near the start. Restrooms will be available at the Kennett Middle School and there will be portable toilets at the start and finish areas.
- First 100 registered riders will receive a t-shirt.
- Carpooling arrangements from the finish are recommended.
- Any hand-cycles are required to have a pole and flag attached vehicular visibility.
- This is a public (non-USCF event) all riders welcome.
- NOTE: ALL PROTESTS MUST BE MADE, IN PERSON, DURING THE PROTEST PERIOD IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING POSTING OF THE RESULTS. NO OTHER PROTEST(S) WILL BE ACCEPTED.
All proceeds benefit the Kennett High School Mountain Bike Team and the Mount Washington Valley Bicycling Club in support of its mission to ...foster youth cycling throughout Mount Washington Valley.